Where I’ve Been:
- Greece for 3 months, in Vergina, Halkidiki, Delphi and Mt. Olympus, but mostly Thessaloniki
- Istanbul for a long weekend
- Berlin for a long weekend
- Dominican Republic for five weeks, in Mata los Indios/Cruz Verde for a week, a few days each in San Pedro and La Romana but mostly Santo Domingo.
- Benin for 3 weeks, including Cotonou, Ouidah and Abomey, but mostly Porto-Novo
- Cuba for 3 months, including Matanzas, Varadero, Pinardel Rio, Viñales, Santiago de Cuba, Cienfuegos y Trinidad, but mostly Havana.
- Egypt for 6 weeks, including Luxor, Alexandria, Siwa, Marsa Matruh and mainly Cairo
- France for 2 or 3 weeks, including Paris, Mont St. Michel, Etretat and Caen but mostly Rouen, and Earlier this year right in the heart of Paris for a week
- Canada several times, including Toronto and Quebec City, but mostly Montreal
- Northeast: New England plus New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania
- The South: Alabama, Florida, Tennessee, Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina
- Mid-Atlantic/MidWest: Maryland, Delaware, Washington D.C., West Virginia, Virginia, Ohio
- Out West: Utah, Arizona, Colorado
So what’s next?
I would love to go back to Cuba and Egypt, but those are a bit difficult for the foreseeable future. I will always go back to France. My family is currently planning a trip to Ireland, but we’re always planning a trip to IReland so I don’t want to get my hopes up.
I’m on the job hunt, and not in any way limited to a geographical location, so if you know of any jobs in international education, non-profits/social enterprise, teaching English or translation, give me a holler.
Other than that, who knows. I’ve never really had a list of top places, or places I want to go next, which is actually sort of absurd. Basically, I want to go everywhere. Lately though, a few places have been buzzing around my brain.
- I’d love to go to Costa Rica, especially with my dad, for some ziplining, white water rafting and volcano hiking. That’s one of my latest travel obsessions. And by that I mean, I’ve been obsessing about it rather relentlessly since 2004.
- Tuvalu, before it sinks
- Chicago (Alex, can you help a girl out?)
- More of the Middle East. I really loved Egypt, and I got to hear all about the other countries in the area while I was at the AWO conference in Alexandria. I don’t want to lose my Arabic, and I’d love to see the diversity of the Arab world firsthand. I would especially love to see parts of North Africa and Palestine.
- Most places that are illegal and/or dangerous. Sorry mom and Gram, that’s not gonna change any time soon.
If you have any suggestions about where to go next, or questions about where I’ve been, let me know!